The Great Gatsby, directed by Baz Luhrmann, opens today. Although the reviews are mixed, I can’t wait to see it for the eye candy.
Truth be told, I have always loved the fashions and beauty of the 1920s—a time of rebellion and breaking free from the restraint of the Victorian era. No one exemplifies the glamour of the period more than Louise Brooks, whose porcelain skin, smoldering eyes and cupid’s-bow lips are as current today as they were nearly 100 years ago. Just take a look at the Fall Emporio Armani runway show.
1. Start with a flawless complexion. Apply blush lightly along the cheekbone and groom the brows.
2. Use a cream shadow such as Benefit Creaseless eye shadow in Strut on the eye lid from lashline to just past the crease, and on the lower lid. Apply mascara and a lip stain such as Laura Mercier Shy Pink, et voila!
For a bit more glamour add the following steps:
3. Use a black kohl pencil such as Givenchy’s Waterproof Magic Khol Eye Liner Pencil at the upper and lower lash lines. Smudge to add intensity.
4. Use Sonia Kashuk Show stoppers eyeshadow quad to add a modern sparkle at the inner corners for the eyes.
5. Finish with Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Train Bleu to create the perfect pout.
For an instant “bob,” pull long hair into a loose ponytail at the nape of the neck and tuck and pin below the hairline. Short hair without the scissors!
Have a question just ask me.....